We Need You!
If you would like to become a Parish Councillor, please contact the PC Chairman Jerry Whitmarsh, or the Parish Clerk (details below). Vacancies do occur from time to time. Elections were held in May 2016 and the next elections will be held in May 2020. Vacancies will be advertised and filled by co-option as and when they occur.
In the meantime we will be happy to tell you more about what being a Councillor involves, and to register your interest.
Full details of what LPC does are at the bottom of this page but here is a brief synopsis:
What do Parish Councillors do?
Linton Parish Council (LPC) performs many roles on behalf of the Parish and its residents, including:
- Representing residents’ interests, needs and concerns;
- Dealing with local Planning Matters;
- Working with neighbouring Parish Councils on local issues;
- Acting as the main point of local contact for the Maidstone Borough Council and Kent County Council;
- We are responsible for Linton Playground;
- We manage and run the Linton Allotments;
- We manage and run the Linton Neighbourhood Watch;
- We manage and run the Linton Speed Watch Scheme;
- We report highways issues to Kent Highways Authority and see that they are addressed;
- And many, many more!
Can I become a Parish Councillor?
Yes, as long as you meet these criteria:
(This list is not exhaustive but does cover the main points for residents of Linton)
- You are a qualifying Commonwealth citizen or an E.U. citizen at the time of the election
- You are 18 years of age or over
- You are on the Electoral Roll (Register of Electors)
- You have lived in Linton for the past 12 months (or within 3 miles) or have your main business / place of work in the village for the past 12 months
- You are not disqualified to vote
Linton Parish Council aims to be open in its dealings with the public and other interested parties. It has adopted the Model Publication Scheme which is detailed below.
Many of the documents it produces are available for viewing or for download, from this website.
Minutes of past Parish Council meetings, and the agenda for the next meeting (when available) can be accessed here.
Other documentation can be accessed here
If there is any other document you wish to view, or which you think should be available here, please contact the Parish Clerk – see link to right of each page
————————————————————————— ] [ ————————————————————————————————
LINTON PARISH COUNCIL
4 Birkhall Close
Kent ME5 7QD
Tel: 01634 863719